Most likely, raising money for medical bills is neither something you enjoy nor something that you thought you’d ever have to do. If you’ve found yourself in a situation where you’re ready to ask for support, why not make the process as easy and affordable as possible?
Here are five reasons why crowdfunding is a good idea:
1. It’s not limited by geography. Anyone, anywhere in the United States with Internet access can support your RedBasket.org fundraising campaign by making an online donation. Supporters don’t have to live near you in order to attend a fundraising event or drop a check off at a supporting business.
2. It gives you a way to easily share your story. Everyone knows the saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” Crowdfunding makes it easy to share your story through not only a well-written, compelling fundraising campaign (we’ll handle that part for you!), but also through photos and videos.
3. It provides an outlet for recounting your journey. RedBasket.org’s Project Update feature provides a simple way to share updates and thank supporters during and after your fundraising campaign. Many fundraisers find comfort in the notes of encouragement left on their campaign pages by supporters.
4. It’s free. Crowdfunding through RedBasket.org is 100% free. You don’t have to rent a space to hold an event, solicit auction items, purchase t-shirts to sell or organize a fun run. Yes, running a crowdfunding campaign takes time, but time is all it will cost you to run your fundraising campaign on RedBasket.org.
5. It could go viral. While the number of crowdfunding campaigns that go viral is definitely the minority, it can happen if your campaign has a hook that encourages not only your supporters to share it but also the media and people you don’t even know.
If you’ve found yourself in need of a way to fundraise for medical bills, let RedBasket.org guide you through the crowdfunding process.