On October 18, 2012 we published our first project on redbasket.org. Since then, we’ve published 46 additional projects. You’ve donated over $155,000 to these stories and created so much tremendous good.
We’d like to share a few highlights from the past year…
- Our first Red Basket project was Team Lia. Lia has Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, and her parents raised $3,552 to help with expenses after Lia was hospitalized.
- Hear for the Holidays was the first project to receive money through Red Basket.
- With $20,100 raised, Team Jones has raised the most money out of all of the Red Basket projects.
- We started our nationwide expansion this summer. To see when we’ll be in your state, click here.
- We have loved working with our skilled volunteers over the past year. If you’re a photographer, videographer, or writer and would like to volunteer with Red Basket, click here to let us know. Photo of Josianna Hunt by Justin Fennert Photography, one of our skilled volunteers.
- Our newest individual project is Rallying Behind Randy. Randy Benson is a 51-year-old man with cancer and kidney disease who is raising money for medical bills and living expenses.
- Our newest community project is Nanih Waiya Community Park. Community members in Nanih Waiya, Mississippi are raising money for a new place for their families to get together.
- The Red Basket team is excited for what our next year brings. We hope to help many more people in our community and in yours.