With all of the beautiful sights and sounds Mother Nature brings every spring also come the unwanted effects of severe weather. Did you know that Red Basket can be used to raise money when a natural disaster or act of nature strikes? RedBasket.org is a free fundraising website where individuals share their stories and raise money for personal emergencies, such as recovery from a fire, storm or flood. Because of the financial support of WoodmenLife, Red Basket is able to offer a 100% free way for individuals to raise money online. We do not charge any fees to fundraisers or to donors.
Individuals and organizations can use Red Basket to raise money for expenses related to natural disasters/acts of nature. Some examples include:
- Raising money to make home repairs after a storm, fire or flood
- Raising money to repair damage to a church or community center after a hurricane or earthquake occurs
- Raising money to replace items lost in a fire or tornado
- Raising money to restore a playground after a damaging storm
While Red Basket is a great source for individuals and families to turn to in order to raise money, it cannot be used as a general fundraiser for a group of victims after a natural disaster strikes. Each individual, family or organization must run their own separate fundraising campaign.
What qualifies as a natural disaster?
- A disaster or act of nature is any fire, storm, flood, wind, snow, hail, tornado, hurricane, earthquake or other disaster that occurs due to nature, weather conditions or conditions outside of an individual’s control.
- The incident must have occurred in the past 12 months.
- The individual must be able to show that the situation has had an adverse impact on their life.
With spring severe weather upon us, remember that Red Basket offers relief to those who have experienced the effects of Mother Nature. Click here to start a free fundraiser today!