Oftentimes, crowdfunding websites are viewed with a particular skepticism. “How do I know this is a worthy cause? How do I know my donation will be spent appropriately?” These are great questions to consider. Other crowdfunding websites have struggled with fraudulent campaigns due to a lack of vetting procedures. For example, an individual could create a fundraiser to assist with medical bills, when in reality, they do not suffer from any extraordinary medical condition(s). Without conducting your own private investigation, how could you possibly recognize a false campaign?
Ways to Recognize a Fraudulent Campaigns
If you are questioning the authenticity of an online fundraiser, here are some considerations to help you make your decision:
- Do your research: use an online search engine to find information about a specific campaign or its creator. If you find anything suspicious, think about donating to another cause.
- Trust your instincts: emotions can be a strong indication of the truth. If your gut is telling you not to donate to a particular campaign, your generosity will certainly be appreciated elsewhere.
- Do not be afraid to ask questions: this is often the simplest, most direct way of gathering information about a fundraiser.
RedBasket.org is Different
Three key differences in administrative processes assure donors that RedBasket.org campaigns are trustworthy causes:
- Before an application to fundraise is approved, it is researched. The fundraiser’s need is verified to prevent fraudulent campaigns. This way, donors can make generous contributions without worries of deception.
- RedBasket.org only accepts three types of fundraisers: medical campaigns, disaster relief efforts, and community improvement projects. In combination with the vetting process, this ensures that all donations will positively impact a person (or people) with a genuine need.
- Upon disbursement of funds, each campaign is required to provide receipts for the donations they have received and spent. With a record of receipts, RedBasket.org is able to ensure donations are spent appropriately.
Today, there are many options for online fundraisers, and RedBasket.org is committed to providing an extraordinary environment for both our fundraisers and potential donors. Thanks to a thorough review process and a system of accountability, we are able to provide a truly one-of-a-kind fundraising experience. If you ever have any questions or concerns about the validity of a RedBasket.org campaign, please call 877-969-7378.