“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
And who wants to hold onto a present and not give it?! As a RedBasket.org fundraiser, thanking your donors is one of the most important parts of your fundraising campaign. Be certain that you make time to acknowledge your supporters. Not only will this make them feel appreciated, but it will also encourage them to share your fundraising campaign and ask others to join them in supporting you.
Here are some ways to show your supporters that you value their kindness:
- Handwrite a note – Handwritten thank you notes have become rare in this digital age, and that makes receiving them even more special. Find some fun stationery and express your gratitude the old fashioned way.
- Utilize project updates – Have big news to share about your fundraiser? Your donors want to know! Make a project update to your fundraising campaign and be sure to thank your donors for helping you get there.
- Give shout outs on social media – Post a thank you note or photo on your supporters Facebook or Twitter pages. Not only will this make your supporters feel appreciated, but it’s also a good way to continue to spread the word about your fundraising campaign.
- Make a video – Don’t just tell your supporters how much you appreciate them, show them through a video. Hint: Don’t forget to include the URL to your RedBasket.org fundraising campaign in the video so others know where they can give to you as well.
Turn your thank you from good to GREAT!
- Be timely – Try to tell your donors thank you while your fundraising campaign is still fresh in their minds. Don’t let them feel forgotten!
- Show impact – Tell your donors how their donations are being used and how they’re helping you.
- Be personal – A personalized thank you will make donors feel much more appreciated than a generic one.
Emphasize them, not you – Be sure to focus on the donor and the appreciation you have for not only their donation, but for the generous person they are.